- Agricola San Maurizio
- Settefrati, Frosinone
- 6 ore
- Agosto / Settembre - data da definire - su prenotazione
- Tour, Tasting, Dinner
What it includes
- 2Shepherd's dinner
- 3Hiking guide
- 4Insurance resp. civil to third parties
- 5Individual accident insurance (on request)
The experience in short
TransHumanus, or the night of the move. A unique experience, a vertical transhumance of sheep that will start from the San Maurizio farm (784 meters above sea level) and will arrive in Prati di Mezzo (the summer pastures of Picinisco), along stretches of asphalt road and pieces of old paths.
The slowness, the sounds, the unique atmosphere .. It will be an exciting five-hour walk, facing a drop of over 700 meters, to accompany the sheep on their millennial journey to the mountains , on a summer night.
- 19:00 hours - Meeting and registration at Agricola San Maurizio and Aperitif with the shepherds;
- 21:00 hours - Sheep gathering and departure;
- 11.30 pm - Bivouac and shepherd's dinner ("shepherd's shoots" based on bread, PDO Picinisco pecorino cheese and vegetables);
- 4:30 am - Departure;
- 7:00 am - Arrival in Prati di Mezzo and breakfast with the shepherds.
Compulsory clothing and equipment: hiking shoes, shirt and jacket, hat, gloves, rain cape, snack, water, sticks (optional), pocket or front lamp, camera.
- Degree of difficulty : E (hiking; easy but requiring adequate training and equipment);
- Difference in altitude : about 700 meters;
- Distance : about 13 km;
- Type of route : sheep track, path, with stretches of asphalt road;
Who you will meetMaria e Anna
In the small laboratory immersed in the countryside of Settefrati, in the province of Frosinone, in the heart of the Val di Comino, Maria (chief of the casara) together with Mrs. Anna produce hot ricotta, yogurt, salted ricotta every morning , marzoline, mozzarella and the legendary Pecorino di Picinisco DOP .
Cheeses become an opportunity to make their territory known. Maria will welcome you with a cup of milk and typical local products and then get to the heart of the dairy production.
Where it takes placeThe tour will take place at our farm:
Agricola San Maurizio
Via Colle Pizzuto, 21 - Settefrati - (Frosinone)
Agricola San Maurizio is a family-run company, located between the municipality of Picinisco and Settefrati, in the Abruzzo Lazio and Molise National Park , south of the province of Frosinone, in the the heart of the Comino Valley.
For more than thirty years he has been dealing with sheep, goat and cattle breeding , following the inter-chain from milk to the production of traditional local cheeses. The breeding takes place in the pasture and in the summer months, from June to August, transhuman at 1400 meters of altitude on the Metafino Mountains in Prati di Mezzo.
The Azienda Agricola San Maurizio is a producer of Pecorino di Picinisco DOP.
- Pecorino di Picinisco DOP
- Formaggi freschi
Altre esperienze in Agricola San Maurizio:
Book online and pay at the companyThe reservation at Agricola San Maurizio requires only a down payment of 5,00 € per person at the time of booking, non-refundable. You will weld the rest directly to the company at the time of use.
Free withdrawalThe experiences at Agricola San Maurizio they can be canceled 48 hours free before they start.35€ per person4 Reviews
Scegli la dataChiudiDateSchedules availableParticipants-2+-0+Total:70,00 €
Il servizio di prenotazione online sarà presto attivo